Do you find yourself worrying about everyday situations and experiencing frequent panic attacks? If so, you may have an anxiety disorder. With a visit to our office, our doctor, Dr. Layne Hermansen, will be able to discuss your anxious thoughts and feelings to develop a personal treatment plan to help you start feeling better.
Common signs you may have anxiety are:
- Avoiding social interaction with others
- An increased heart rate when speaking up in a room of people
- Constantly thinking about the worst-case scenario
- Feelings of fear and nervousness about the past or future
- Difficulty sleeping at night
- Trouble focusing on the task at hand because of being more fixated on the present worry
- Sweating palms and heavy breathing
- Fatigue and digestive problems
When Should I See a Doctor About Anxiety?
We strongly recommend coming to see a medical professional if you:
- Start to experience suicidal thoughts and behaviors. If so, please seek emergency care right away.
- Feel depressed and use unhealthy distractions as an avoidance mechanism.
- Worry too much that your anxiety is affecting your interpersonal relationships, job performance and daily activities.
If these sounds like you, please contact us here at 801-542-7111, to get in to see Dr. Layne Hermansen here at My Family Doctor for anxiety treatment in Draper, Utah.